Hideaki Sano joined Pearson & Schachter, PLC as Of Counsel in May of 2013. Hide (pronounced “Heday) has litigated and advised businesses and individuals in a broad range of litigation and business matters. His specialty areas include labor and employment and corporate governance, real estate, construction, and complex litigation.
Hide has represented and advised both corporate and individual clients in a wide range of labor and employment and corporate governance matters. These include race, gender, age, and disability discrimination and retaliation cases, federal and state whistleblower cases, employment-related tort cases, non-compete cases, sales commission cases, health care-related wrongful termination and medical staffing matters, and issues related to fiduciary duties, shareholder oppression, and corporate fraud.
Hide has also litigated and advised clients regarding a variety of real estate-related matters. His past representations include breach of contract and fraud cases, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, restrictive covenant and easement litigation, and quiet title, nuisance, adverse possession, zoning, and land use matters.
Along with these areas, Hide also has experience in construction law and government procurement. He has worked with construction clients on design defect, delay, differing site condition, sequencing, disruption and extra work claims, construction defect and breach of warranty cases, and government procurement matters, including surety-related litigation and bid protests.
Finally, Hide has also litigated a wide range of complex litigation matters. These include defending a Fortune 500 manufacturer against claims of breach of distributor agreement claim, antitrust violations, and trade secret misappropriation; defending an international roller bearing manufacturer against claims of breach of warranty and defective design; and prosecuting claims by a multi-national integrated software company of breach of warranty and fraud related to an acquisition and merger. Mr. Sano has also represented clients in various white collar matters, including health care civil infraction administrative proceedings, corporate malfeasance investigations, and regulatory compliance litigation.
Mr. Sano has appeared in both state and federal court, and as well as in arbitrations. He has represented a variety of clients including Fortune 500 companies, senior executives and management, physicians, large non-profit organizations, tech start ups, global construction firms, professional athletes, as well as everyday people.
You can reach Hideaki Sano via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (925) 954-9857.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2000)
- Stanford University (B.A., with departmental honors, 1994)
- California, 2006
- Michigan, 2000
- Workplace Bullying From a Plaintiff’s Perspective – Spring 2012: Labor and Employment Section – State Bar of Michigan.
- Annual Survey of Michigan Law June 1, 2004 – May 31, 2005: Criminal Procedure, 52 Wayne L. Rev. 543 (2006).
- Annual Survey of Michigan Law June 1, 2003 – May 31, 2004: Evidence, 51 Wayne L. Rev. 779 (2005).
- Annual Survey of Michigan Law June 1, 2002 – May 31, 2003: Evidence, 50 Wayne L. Rev. 575 (2004).
- Judicial Abuse of “Process”: Examining the Applicability of Section 2F1.1(b)(4)(B) of the Federal Sentencing Guidelines to Bankruptcy Fraud, 98 Mich.L.Rev. 1038 (2000).